Kyrie Irving is certainly one of the best basketball players in the NBA. The Brooklyn Nets star might also retire as well due to his refusal to adhere to the COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

Due to his refusal to get vaccinated, Kyrie Irving could miss up to 45 games this season. It seems Irving couldn’t care less about missing out on the seasons as even his coach has accepted that fact.

He was put on blast for it and heavily criticized by several people, including former NBA players such as Raja Bell. Now it seems the Brooklyn Nets have finally taken a decision regarding Irving.

Brooklyn Nets general manager Sean Marks revealed in a statement that Kyrie Irving will not practice or play for the Brooklyn Nets until he is ready to be a full-time participant. 

“Given the evolving nature of the the situation and after thorough deliberation, we have decided Kyrie Irving will not play or practice with the team until he is eligible to be a full participant. Kyrie has made a personal choice, and we respect his individual right to choose,” Marks said. “Currently the choice restricts his ability to be a full-time member of the team, and we will not permit any member of our team to participate with part-time availability. It is imperative that we continue to build chemistry as a team and remain true to our long-established values of togetherness and sacrifice. Our championship goals for the season have not changed, and to achieve these goals each member of our organization must pull in the same direction.” 

95 percent of the league is vaccinated. However, the remaining 5 percent is the most vocal. It is unlikely Irving will get vaccinated anytime soon from the looks of it.

What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!

Subhojeet Mukherjee

Subhojeet has been a massive fan of professional wrestling for over 22 years, since the early days of the Monday Night Wars. Aside from wrestling, he also is into TV shows, movies, Anime, novels and a lot of music.

Disqus Comments Loading...