Rolling Loud Miami is set to begin on Friday at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. The festival’s founder, Tariq Cherif, made it clear in an Instagram comment that Travis Scott didn’t replace Kanye West due to the Astroworld tragedy. However, he is now backing out on what he said.

Tariq Cherif has deleted his now-viral comment. He said that the venue didn’t allow Scott to perform because of Astroworld deaths. The stampede resulted in the death of 10 people, with more than 300 injured. The tragedy took place on November 5th, 2021 and is still fresh in people’s minds, so Cherif’s comments made sense.

However, Tariq Cherif is taking back his own words. According to TMZ, Tariq’s comment on Instagram appears to have been made out of frustration. Cherif was fed-up from the negative posts from festival-goers demanding Travis Scott.

Not only that, Cherif says Rolling Loud apparently reached out to Travis to headline the festival. Unfortunately, it couldn’t work in time. The ‘Sicko Mode’ rapper demands a perfect show for his fans. Rolling Loud couldn’t get the production to be on-par with Scott’s demands in less than a week of preparation.

As previously reported, Kanye West pulled from Rolling Loud this year with no explanation. Replacing him with Travis didn’t work either, so now Kid Cudi is set to perform in Ye’s place. Numerous concert-goers are furious with Cudi replacing Ye while others think it’s a good pick.

Check out Tariq Cherif’s now-deleted comment and keep an eye on Thirsty for more Hip-Hop news.

What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!

Tags: Travis Scott
Shifa Jahan

Shifa Jahan is a freelance writer from Bahrain currently pursuing her Masters degree in Comparative Literature from Jadavpur University, India. She is experienced in Copywriting, Academic Writing and loves to write about pop culture/ entertainment-news. Other interests include theatre, teaching, foreign languages and culture.

Disqus Comments Loading...