Meghan Markle did not accompany her husband, Prince Harry, as he made his way to Balmoral Castle after learning of Queen Elizabeth’s death. It appears, King Charles reportedly told Prince Harry that “it wasn’t right” for Meghan Markle to come to Balmoral as Queen Elizabeth II was dying.

A source told The Sun, “Charles told Harry that it wasn’t right or appropriate for Meghan to be in Balmoral at such a deeply sad time.” The source further said, “It was pointed out to him that Kate [Middleton] was not going and that the numbers really should be limited to the very closest family.”

The source added that Prince Charles – now King Charles III – “made it very, very clear Meghan would not be welcome.” As we previously reported earlier, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were originally planning to travel together to see the Queen. Half an hour later, news broke that Harry would actually be traveling solo.

The Queen’s death comes just days after the “Suits” alum gave The Cut another another shocking interview in which she blasted the royal family and stated that “simply by existing,” she and Harry were “upsetting the dynamic of the hierarchy.” Additionally, the BBC’s long-standing royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said on Thursday that Markle “might not be terribly warmly welcomed, to be perfectly candid about it.”

It has not been confirmed which — if any — family members were with the queen at the time of her death. Queen Elizabeth II died on Thursday at the age of 96. May her soul Rest In Peace. To get the latest updates, keep an eye on Thirsty.

What’s your take on this strange Royal story? Sound off in the comments.

Shubham Banerjee

Shubham Banerjee is a computer science student with a passion for technology, gadgets and coding. He writes for Thirsty for News, sharing his love for information and learning. In his free time, he enjoys photography, music, and football. Though, he is a fan of Barcelona, but he is disappointed with their recent performance.

Disqus Comments Loading...