Kyle Rittenhouse has recently said that he wants to “hold the media accountable”, three months after his conviction. He announced the beginning of a new campaign on Monday, claiming that it will generate money to sue media companies.
Rittenhouse stated he chose to start The Media Accountability Project as a “tool to help fundraise and hold the media accountable for the lies they said and deal with them in court.” on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” According to Rittenhouse, the project will assist anyone who wishes to take the media to court.
The 18-year-old stated, “I don’t want to see anybody else have to deal with what I went through,” When asked if he plans to sue any news organizations, Rittenhouse said his team is looking into “politicians, celebrities, athletes.” He also mentioned Cenk Uygur, the founder of The Young Turks, who referred to Rittenhouse as a “murderer” before the trial and “continues to call me a ‘murderer.'”
Rittenhouse was cleared of all charges in November of last year after fatally shooting two people during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, over the police death of Jacob Blake. He was charged with two counts of reckless endangerment, first-degree reckless homicide, first-degree intentional homicide, attempted first-degree intentional homicide, and first-degree reckless homicide.
Nicholas Sandmann, a Kentucky student, approached Rittenhouse shortly after the ruling. He was chastised by the media when a video of him wearing a red Make America Great Again hat and standing in front of a Native American elder on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during the March For Life went viral. During the confrontation, news outlets wrongly depicted Sandmann as the attacker. However, Sandmann encouraged Rittenhouse to follow his path and “give it a shot” in bringing legal action against media outlets in a November 2021 essay for the Daily Mail.
What’s your take on this? Please write down in the comments below!