Francis Ngannou defeated Stipe Miocic for the UFC Heavyweight Championship at UFC 260 earlier in the year and since then Jon Jones set his sights on facing Ngannou for the title.

However, a lot of drama ensued when it came to actually making the fight happen as Jones had revealed in the past that he felt undervalued and simply wanted to be paid better for the fight. Ultimately, it stated that he will not be facing Ngannou anytime soon as Ngannou was set to face Derrick Lewis this Summer.

That also ended up changing recently as UFC President Dana White announced an interim heavyweight title fight between Darrick Lewis and Ciryl Gane for UFC 265. This was done after Ngannou informed the promotion that he won’t be able to compete by August.

Naturally this decision was met with a lot of backlash from fans and even Ngannou expressed his disappointment. Ngannou’s agent Marquel Martin sent out a scathing statement stating that he was “shocked” by the UFC’s decision to introduce an interim title.

This led to a very prompt response from UFC President Dana White, who commented on Brett Okamoto’s Instagram and blasted Martin and told Francis Ngannou he should hire new people to help his career.

“This dude is so full of shit! He knows exactly what’s going on and isn’t ‘shocked’ at all. Because we told him several times this was coming. His management is incompetent and hopefully Francis starts taking a look at new people to help his career.”

With an interim title fight scheduled to take place at UFC 265, the ongoing drama between the UFC and Francis Ngannou seems to only increase with each passing day. We will keep you updated on this ongoing story.

Subhojeet Mukherjee

Subhojeet has been a massive fan of professional wrestling for over 22 years, since the early days of the Monday Night Wars. Aside from wrestling, he also is into TV shows, movies, Anime, novels and a lot of music.

Disqus Comments Loading...