Marilyn Manson has received some bad press in recent memory. A heavy sexual assault allegation came his way, Now the rocker has a warrant out for his arrest.
Manson, real name Brian Warner, now has an arrest warrant out in his name by the Gilford Police Department in New Hampshire. He is wanted on “two counts of simple assault.”
That assault charge has nothing to do with sexual assault allegations. In fact, it stems from a 2019 incident at a concert where Manson spit on a videographer at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion.
The full statement from the Gilford Police Department reads:
The Gilford Police Department has an active arrest warrant for Brian Hugh Warner (aka: Marilyn Manson) for two counts of Class A misdemeanor Simple Assault stemming from a 2019 incident at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion. The alleged assaults involved a videographer. Mr. Warner, his agent and legal counsel have been aware of the warrant for some time and no effort has been made by him to return to New Hampshire to answer the pending charges.
• Mr. Warner had been performing a concert at the Bank of NH Pavilion on August 18, 2019, when the alleged simple assaults occurred.
• The issuance of an arrest warrant is not a presumption of guilt.
• The videographer had been subcontracted by a NH based company to video the concert, and had been located in the stage pit area when the alleged assaults occurred.
• A Class A misdemeanor in NH can carry a possible jail sentence of less than one year and a fine of $2,000.00 or less.
• The alleged assaults are not sexual in nature as has been asked by several other media outlets due to a number of other allegations made against Mr. Warner.
TMZ released footage of this assault and it is very clear that Manson spit right on this cameraman for no reason at all. This resulted in the videographer pressing charges.
Authorities say that Manson has been made aware of those charges, but “no effort has been made by him to return to New Hampshire to answer the pending charges.” Now the police have issued an arrest warrant to get him to make a return.
The shock rocker’s representation denies he was ever contacted by authorities.
What’s your take of this situation? Sound off in the comments!