When you can talk it out, fight it out. Before you start discussing the merits of the argument, a former UFC fighter took the saying quite literally when he allowed two quarrelling students to box each other.
TMZ reports that Mark Munoz, who previously competed for the UFC, has been placed on administrative leave from his high school wrestling coach job after he allows two quarrelling students box each other.
“Munoz accepted a job to be the H.S. wrestling coach at Fairmont Private Schools in Anaheim, Calif. back in Sept. 2020 — but we’re told things at the gig went awry just recently.
“According to sources close to Munoz, two students got into an argument on the playground … and then went to Munoz — who we’re told was not made aware of the tiff — to ask if they could put on boxing gloves and settle things.
“The 44-year-old, per our sources, allowed the scrap to happen — but we’re told the ex-UFC fighter believed the impromptu boxing match was more jovial than violent. We’re told, however, one of the boys’ parents was outraged about the scrap — and went to administration over it all.
“A school spokesperson declined to get into the specifics of the allegations against Munoz, but did confirm the coach has been placed on administrative leave through the end of this school year and will not have his contract picked up once it ends.”
Munoz fought in the UFC from 2009 to 2015. He competed against the likes of Maia, Chris Weidman and Lyoto Machida before taking off his gloves and placing them in the center of the octagon on May 16, 2015.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!