HBO’s reboot for Sex and The City premiered in December of last year. The show instantly became popular within audiences. However, despite it’s success the show has not been green-lit for another season.
The network’s Chief Content Officer Casey Bloys told Deadline that AJIT season 2 might not happen without star Sarah Jessica Parker and executive producer Michael Patrick King on board. Bloys told the outlet, ‘It’s really Michael Patrick King and Sarah Jessica [Parker] talking to figure out if there’s a story they’re excited by,’
Bloys further said, ‘I think there will be, but they’re talking and making sure they want to jump in.” The show’s future looked bright as Bloys said, ‘It’s a big commitment, and they’ll come to us and let us know what they’re thinking but I’m feeling good about it.’ Bloys also confirmed that Chris Noth would not return for a second season.
Meanwhile, in a recent interview with Variety, Parker said that she and King are eager for a second season. When she was questioned if she she wanted a renewal for the show, Parker responded, ‘Definitely, yeah.’ Fans are certainly excited for a new season to drop as HBO has yet to confirm a second season.
The series aired its season finale on February 3. The premise of the show followed the original SATC leading ladies Carrie Bradshaw (Parker), Miranda Hobbs (Cynthia Nixon) and Charlotte York-Goldenblatt (Kristin Davis) as they navigate life in their 50s. The series generated massive buzz and its first episode became the most-watched series premiere of a new original for HBO Max.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments.