Nicki Minaj and her husband Kenneth Petty were accused of intimidation and that got them press they never wanted. The couple has finally submitted a response through their lawyer in the Jennifer Hough’s witness intimidation lawsuit.

Petty already pleaded guilty over failure to register as a sex offender in the state of California. The 43-year-old was convicted of first-degree attempted rape on Jennifer Hough in 1995. Through it all, Nicki’s fan base stood by him.

Tyrone Blackburn, Hough’s attorney, told The Daily Beast that the couple’s lawyer responded to the lawsuit via an email wherein he requested an extension for Minaj and Petty to respond to the legal action brought forth against them.

“I said NO! I told him to prepare his opposition to my request for default judgment and explain to the court why his client and her husband believe they’re both above the law.”

Hough alleged in March this year that the couple had been using intimidation tactics including making offers and threatening her so that she give up on her claim from 1995.

“I was never a fan of bullies. I taught my kids, you don’t be a bully and you don’t stand around and watch somebody be a bully. And I guess that’s how I feel in this situation.”

Minaj, 38, married Petty on October 21, 2019. The two met in December 2018 and tied the knot within a year of dating. Minaj went public with the news on October 22, 2019. The couple welcomed their first child, Papa Bear, on September 30, 2020.

What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!

Manik Aftab

Just a guy trying to understand the world around him!

Disqus Comments Loading...