Conor McGregor fractured his ankle at the end of the first round of his UFC 264 fight against Dustin Poirier back in 2021. That incident changed his whole life in many ways, especially when it comes to the avenues it open up unexpectedly. That being said, it seems his longtime coach is confident about his return.

The Irishman has been working hard on his road to recovery since last year. He has always kept fans updated on his progress, and they couldn’t be happier for Notorious.

Conor McGregor previously revealed that he will not be making his return to the UFC as a lightweight. That being said, it’s likely he is returning this year.

While speaking on MMA Fighting’s “The MMA Hour” on Monday, SBG head coach John Kavanagh made it clear that he believes McGregor’s return is imminent.

“I’d be willing to bet my house on it,” Kavanagh said. “I was actually just chatting with him yesterday or the day before and then [his manager] Audie [Attar] was in town.

Yeah, I think there’s some interesting negotiations going along now. I absolutely can’t say anything beyond that, but I’m very, very confident that we’ll see Conor back in the Octagon this.

Conor McGregor is also busy filming a movie in the meantime. We will have to wait and see who McGregor will face next once he makes his UFC return.

What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!

Subhojeet Mukherjee

Subhojeet provides daily coverage of entertainment news and updates at Thirsty for News. He's always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in the world of entertainment, sharing his thoughts and insights with readers. Whether it's breaking news or in-depth analysis, Subhojeet is dedicated to bringing his readers the best and most accurate information.

Disqus Comments Loading...