Boxing legend George Foreman carved out one of the most recognizable places in the hearts of his fans because of his achievements. This time, fans will be surprised to find why he made headlines this time.
According to TMZ, two new lawsuits state that George Foreman sexually attacked two women when he was in his twenties, and they were minors. In the lawsuits, the plaintiffs are identified as Denise S. and Gwen H.
Those women claim that they first met Foreman through their fathers in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Denise claims in her lawsuit that she first met Foreman when she was around 8-years-old, and that the fighter started out as a bully.
“Grooming her at an early age by taking her out for ice cream and allowing her to sit on his lap as [he] drove his car.”
Denise claims that Foreman, who she says was around 24 at the time, started acting inappropriately toward her when she was 13-years-old, and eventually he was intimate with her when she was 15-years-old.
Gwen claims that Foreman introduced them when she was around 9-years-old. Her father, she claims, served as Foreman’s “long-time advisor.” She says that Foreman courted her for six years after they first met, when he was 23-years-old, and continued to “molest and sexually abuse” her until she was 16-years-old.
In their lawsuits, the two women claim that Foreman was confronted about the allegations “on at least one occasion” by a friend of his and that Foreman “did not deny the allegations.” The two plaintiffs are seeking unspecified damages. It should be noted that Foreman is referred to as “DOE 1” in the documents.
In a statement last month, the 73-year-old Foreman refuted allegations of sexual abuse, claiming that two women had made up the allegations in an effort to get millions of dollars out of him.
“Over the past six months, two women have been trying to extort millions of dollars each from me and my family. They are falsely claiming that I sexually abused them over 45 years ago in the 1970s.”
“I adamantly and categorically deny these allegations. The pride I take in my reputation means as much to me as my sports accomplishments, and I will not be intimidated by baseless threats and lies.”
“I am, and always will be, guided by my faith and trust in God. I will work with my lawyers to fully and truthfully expose my accusers’ scheme and defend myself in court. I don’t pick fights, but I don’t run away from them either.”
Following Wednesday’s filings, Foreman’s team was asked for additional comment; however, no response has yet been received. The matter has gone to court, and now supporters must wait to see if he is truly guilty or if the ladies are fabricating charges in order to extort money. Stay tuned to Thirsty for more information.
What’s your take on it? Sound it in the comments.