WWE saw a lot of changes after Triple H replaced Vince McMahon as the promotion’s head booker. Several former WWE talent found their way back to the company’s fold. More changes are seemingly on the horizon.
Sean Sapp reported from behind Fightful’s paywall about WWE’s plan to hold their annual draft. It was noted that there’s a widespread belief among the talent that the draft is bound to happen sooner than later.
With WWE’s new regime, a lot of roster movement has already been made, and talent believe there could be more on the way. There are several Raw stars scheduled for the first Smackdown following Clash at the Castle on September 9th.
On the other side of things, Smackdown talent are scheduled for Raw episodes internally for the September 4 and 11 dates. This has led talent to speculate internally that the WWE Draft will be shortly following the Clash at the Castle PPV.
Talent have not had this confirmed to them yet, but there have been other things they have said to lead them to believe to the case. We’re told that writers have noted that repackages are also more likely following this date as opposed to the immediate future.
For some of the talent that are wildly speculated to get repackaged (which haven’t been confirmed) Max Dupri is scheduled for tonight’s WWE Smackdown, and T-Bar appeared on this week’s Main Event. Thus far, talent we’ve heard from haven’t been informed explicitly about a draft, much less what brand they’ll end up on if and when it happens.
As previously noted, Triple H isn’t stopping anytime soon from bringing sweeping changes to WWE. We’ll have to wait and see what’s next in store for the promotion. Keep reading Thirsty for more.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!