Vince McMahon spent many of his past decades with WWE. He’s one of the crucial parts of WWE’s creative processes for both Monday Night RAW and Friday Night SmackDown. While he’s certainly a figure who deserves his story told, Netflix has reportedly put his project on hold.
Denise Salcedo took to Twitter and reported the current status of the Vince McMahon documentary. She said that according to sources, the documentary has been “pulled.” It’s not in their spreadsheets anymore, which is confirmed by a source at Netflix.
Sources tell me that the Vince McMahon Netflix documentary has been pulled & is off the programming spreadsheet at Netflix. A source at Netflix confirmed it no longer being listed on their spreadsheet, another source at Netflix said “that shit’s out of here.”
Another source apparently said, “that sh*t’s out of here.” She revealed in a second tweet that the project was already in the late post-production stages. Many WWE talent had undergone interviews, and they already spent millions of dollars on it.
Another source indicated that the project was already “deep” in post-production & that several talent interviews had been done months ago & that millions were spent. I spoke to one of the producers on the project, however they declined to confirm nor deny this story to me.
The host also reached out to a producer on the project, who neither confirmed nor denied the story. This report comes after grave allegations have come out against Vince McMahon in an investigation. McMahon allegedly used $12 million in hush money to settle internal matters of making unsolicited advances against ex-WWE staff.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!