Suge Knight is considered one of the most dangerous men in the history of rap music. The Death Row Records founder recently had to remotely testify from prison in a wrongful death case against him. Suge shared some stunning information as he tried to talk his way out of trouble.

Knight is currently serving a 28-year sentence for an incident that resulted in local businessman Terry Carter being killed in Compton, California. Knight was accused of running Carter down in his Ford Raptor Truck. Suge accepted a plea deal and the charge was dropped to voluntary manslaughter.

As his highly anticipated testimony played out for jurors in Compton on Wednesday, Suge accused Dr. Dre of hiring the man who shot him seven times at a VMA pre-party hosted by Chris Brown in 2014. The accusation brought a hush over the stunned jury. The implication was that Dre paid somebody to kill Suge Knight.

“I was told about that. People showed me checks, cancelled checks.”

An attorney for Dr. Dre claimed the famed producer had no contact with Suge Knight since he left Death Row in 1996. The lawyer threatened Knight’s attorney with a malicious prosecution suit if it went any farther. Suge then went on to testify that he confronted Dre about the alleged plot, but that he believed the police might be lying about Dre’s plans.

Suge said his chat with Dr. Dre was just to warn him about what he had been hearing on the streets. It seems like another one of his classic strong-arm moves. No charges have ever been filed against Dr. Dre relating to the shooting. Given that it’s Suge Knight, everything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

What do you think of this story? Let us know in the comments!

Michael Perry

Michael Perry is a news contributor for Ringside News and Thirsty for News. Michael has an M.A. in Communication Technology from Point Park University in his hometown of Pittsburgh, PA.

Disqus Comments Loading...