English music sensation Adele is one of the most talented female singers in the music industry. Earlier this year, the singer left her fans disgruntled and disappointed when she cancelled her Las Vegas residency. It appears the drama surrounding her cancelled performances refuses to die down.
UK’s The Telegraph reported that Adele has reportedly fired the entire creative team behind her Las Vegas residency and hired a new one in hopes of saving it. The singer now wants to start her “Weekends With Adele” residency at Caesars Palace in the summer “with a completely redesigned show,”
According to the publication, the 33-year old musician dumped her longtime set designer, Esmeralda “Es” Devlin, amid rumors that the two had explosive arguments over the show’s vision. She’s reportedly replaced her with Kim Gavin, artistic director for English pop group Take That, and Stufish. The team is also producing the Rolling Stones’ upcoming anniversary tour.
An industry insider, who claimed to have “intimate knowledge about the shows,” told the outlet that the new creative duo will “look after and develop a new show as everything from the Es show has been scrapped.” The source added, that the provisional plan is to start the residency at the end of July or beginning of August.
The tentative dates would also line up with what Adele told Graham Norton in February that the rescheduled concerts are “absolutely happening this year, 100 percent.” As we previously reported, Adele announced she was postponing her residency on Jan. 20, one day before it was set to kick off.
Adele claimed at the time that the cancellation was due to “delivery delays and COVID.” However, soon after her announcement was made, reports claimed that the postponement was actually due to a falling out with Devlin over creative differences. Meanwhile, we will be on the lookout for more updates. Stay tuned to Thirsty.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments.