Nick Cannon is a baby making machine. Just recently, reports emerged that the comedian has fathered another baby. Now, he came forward on his own accord to offer his apology for sharing the news just after he lost his 5-month old son Zen.
Nick Cannon said he’s sorry for “any extra pain or confusion” he’s caused amid the news that he’s expecting his eighth child. On his eponymous talk show he said, “I’m a responsible human being and I take full responsibility for everything.” He added, “So I must say, I sincerely apologize to everyone involved.”
Just earlier this week, the 41-year old comedian confirmed the news that he’s expecting another child. After photos surfaced from their gender reveal party in Malibu, California, Nick revealed he’s fathered a child with Johnny Manziel’s ex-wife, Bre Tiesi.
Nick admitted he was hesitant about sharing the news of his baby so shortly after he and ex-Alyssa Scott lost their 5-month old son Zen to brain cancer in De. 2021. Cannon explained during his eponymous talk show on Thursday, “This was always in the back of my mind, like, ‘What is the right time? How do I share this?’”
Nick also revealed that he “wanted to definitely respect the grieving process with [Alyssa].” He added, Bre was respectful enough for his wishes and held off the public announcement. Nick emphasized that the loss of his son and announcement of his eighth child were “two completely separate moments” in his life, which he “misspoke” about while initially confirming the news.
Meanwhile, our best wishes go to Nick and Alyssa as they go through this grieving process. You can check out Nick talking about his loss below.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments.