Alec Baldwin made headlines when he accidentally discharged a gun in the sets of Rust which killed a cinematographer. It appears the actor has failed to comply with authorities regarding a warrant for his phone.
Following the fatal on-set shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, New Mexico law enforcement got a warrant for Alec’s phone last month. The police told the New York Post that actor still hasn’t turned over his device to them.
Investigators from Santa Fe Sheriff’s office require Alec’s device as they believe it contains key conversation related to what led to the prop-gun going off, resulting in the killing of Hutchins. The Sheriff’s office described the steps it’s taken to obtain the phone but said “to date, the cell phone has not been turned over to authorities.”
Investigators obtained the search warrant on Dec. 16 last year. The lead detective investigating the death notified Baldwin’s attorney of the warrant over email.
After Baldwin failed to immediately turn over his phone, the sheriff’s office got the Santa Fe District Attorney’s office involved. They said the office was in negotiations with the actor’s attorney to get his consent to obtain the device and it’s contents. Keep a lookout on thirsty for more updates.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments.