Kim Kardashian was robbed at gunpoint in her luxury apartment while attending Paris Fashion Week in 2016. Five men, dressed as police officers, bound and gagged her, then stole around $10 million worth of jewelry.
Police have not recovered any of the items taken in the robbery. It was revealed in 2020 that French prosecutors would seek trial for 12 of the suspects. However, there has been a new development in the case.
French Judicial authorities said on Friday that 12 of the suspects stand trial in Paris. At least one of the five, named Yunice Abbas (68), who entered Kardashian’s room reportedly set to plead no contest to the charges.
Yunice Abbas is one of five men accused of carrying out the heist itself. He published a book about it last year “I Kidnapped Kim Kardashian”. The Alleged ringleader named “Khedache” is said to have written Kim K an apology letter expressing regret from his prison cell.
The 12 suspects face a range of charges related to the theft with a trial date still pending. Kim was tied up at gunpoint and locked in her hotel bathroom as she pleaded: “Please, I have a family, I am a mother” to intruders.
The heist marked the biggest robbery committed against an individual in France in two decades. The combined loot being worth about €9 million ($10.8 million).