Logan Williams, who played the teen version of The Flash on the CW series passed away on April 1st, 2020. His mother revealed that his death was caused by a Fentanyl overdose, according to the toxicology reports.
Canada’s BC Coroners Service undertook the task of performing the toxicology on the 16-year old. Their results stated that Logan died from “unintentional illicit drug toxicity (fentanyl).”
Williams’ mother appeared in an interview with The New York Post and revealed that Logan had started drug use at 13 years old. He had been acting and auditioning since he was 9, but took a break when he was 13 to deal with the stress of auditioning and acting.
The actor started off with marijuana, his mother revealed. While she knew about the marijuana use, she wasn’t aware when he transitioned off to heavier drugs, eventually taking to the opioid. Three months before his death, he was found to be unresponsive. He was resuscitated and it led to the diagnoses of a severe brain injury, which severely dampened his ability to function.
Logan left a residential care home without any permission. He returned under the influence. While he went to bed to sleep it off, he was found to be unresponsive when the staff tried to wake him up. The actor has appeared in The Flash (CW series) and the films The Color of Rain (2014), The Whispers (2015) & the show When Calls the Heart (2015).
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!