Gwyneth Paltrow’s “This Smells Like My Vagina” range of candles enraged a man and made him sue the candle manufacturer giant “Goop” which she owns, but not for the reason you’d expect.

The man claims that he could have died when one candle from the ‘This Smells Like My Vagina’ series exploded. Nobody knows whether the company was responsible for the candle explosion, but the man is suing the company in a class-action lawsuit.

As per to legal documents acquired by TMZ state that Colby Watson, a Texas resident had bought the candle in January and lit it in February for a couple of hours. He claims that after it burned for more than 3 hours, the whole candle caught fire and ended with an explosion, which filled the entire room with smoke.

He also claims that nothing inflammable was close to the candle, no open windows in the room and no drafts. He states that the candle left a black ring on the nightstand, and left the jar containing the candle burnt black.


However, he acknowledges that the company does issue a warning with its candles that they shouldn’t be lit for more than 2 hours. He, however, claims that the warning is insufficient.

With the claim that the company fails to warn the customers of what damages the consequences might hold of burning the candle for more than 2 hours, he sued the company for damages which exceed $5 million. Goop is yet to comment on the matter, as per TMZ’s report.

Nitish Vashishtha

Nitish is a freelance writer and correspondent who has been covering celebrity news, pop culture and entertainment for over 4 years. He has experience writing for various media outlets and continues to be passionate about bringing the latest news and insights to readers.

Disqus Comments Loading...